Hello and Welcome Bethune students and parents! I am Mrs. Edwards, the School Counselor. The 2017-2018 school year will be my 3rd at Mary McLeod Bethune and my 2nd as the school counselor. I hold a Kindergarten through 12th grade certification. Also, I have my Masters Degree from the University of Pennsylvania and my Bachelors from Temple University. I am so honored to work with you all!!
As a School Counselor, I implement the following roles in order to encourage positive development in academic, career, and personal/social domains:
- Individual counseling
- Small group counseling
- Classroom guidance (i.e. Large group counseling)
- Attend and participate in academic intervention meetings
- Observe students in various school environments
- Consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, social workers, and students
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide information and resources to parents on a variety of issues
- Assist in the High School Selection Process
Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to browse the resources. If you need further assistance or would like to set up an appointment please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (215) 400-3890.